Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sometimes I wonder about myself

I'm usually an averagely smart woman...I have a decent amount of common sense. I know to look both ways before crossing the street..I'm aware that if I'm on fire, I need to stop, drop, and roll. The other day I did something that made me shake my head in disbelief.

While looking in the kitchen for a snack for Floyd and myself, I noticed we had a can of crescent rolls and four hot dogs. Floyd suggested, "How 'bout making some pigs in a blanket?" I thought that sounded tasty, but never made them before. He told me it's easy--just slice the dogs in half, roll 'em in the crescent roll, and place the cookie sheet in the oven. Simple, right? Hahaha..not when you're Just Jenny.

I began slicing the hot dogs in half, like I was instructed, but as I was finishing slicing the fourth and final hot dog, I noticed that I had sliced them in half the long way, as if they were pickles from Steak 'n Shake. Don't ask me why. I never claimed to be Chef Kevin, but I thought I could at least pull off friggin' pigs in a blanket with ease.

Never one to be defeated, especially not by a bunch of cold, lifeless frankfurters, I said, "F**k it" and sliced them the correct way. I rolled them up, slid them into the oven, and before we knew it, we had some golden brown, deformed, greasy and slightly doughy on the inside pigs in a blanket in which to feast upon. Sigh...

If anyone needs to cater a party, Just Jenny is available...very available. Probably at a very low cost. :(

4 comments:

Katie said...

I love that story! That doubled with the hubby tossing a moving box up the stairs, just to have it roll back down and strike him in the worst place possible just makes for an exciting visit to Chez Wombacher!

I'm glad to have you home!!

Jennifer said...

Don't feel bad. I've never made pigs in a blanket and when you mentioned it I actually pictured the hotdogs being cut length-wise!

JennyWo said...

Thanks Katie! We're glad to be back in P-town, too. I really wish I would've witnessed the box incident, but I think I have a good mental picture!!

I feel better, Jennifer..thank you. :o) I guess great mind DO think alike, huh??

Ms. PH said...

I have never made pigs in a blanket either but I pictured the long way too. And I thought, why cut them the long way? It didn't even occur to me there might be a different "half" to cut.