Sunday, September 2, 2007

Now all I need is a sweet pair of mom jeans to complete the soccer mom package. Woo-hoo!!!

Hello. My name is Jenny and I'm a minivan owner. Wow..it feels so refreshing to admit that. Yep, it was hard for me to accept that we were in the market to buy a minivan, but I think I've come to terms with it now.


We've been talking for a few months about upgrading to a minivan to help accomodate our rapidly growing family. We presently have an 8 month old Chloe, and for some reason, she seems to be getting longer. Can't figure it out. So we knew we had to trade in the two door Monte Carlo that my husband's been in love with since day one. We arrived into town this weekend, dropped the baby off at Grandma and Grandpa's, and Floyd said, "Well, we're off to buy a minivan." I thought we were still "just looking". Sho 'nuff, he was right. We're now the proud owners of a Dodge Grand Caravan Sport. Ooh la la! How sexy!!


It's not too bad though. It contains all the amenities any soccer mom in the making could dream of, from the hooks in the back of the seats to hang your shopping bags to the DVD player to entertain your 2.5 kids. Floyd was upset to learn the DVD wasn't attached to the dashboard so he could watch movies as he drove. I honestly wanted to find a minivan that lacked the DVD option. *gasp* Yes, I know. What kind of crazy lunatic mom would say that?!?! I must confess, although I am only 29 1/2 years old, deep down inside of me is a crotchety 78 year old man with a gravelly voice who says, " Why do these young whipper-snappers need them there DVD players in the car? We never had that when we was kids. Hell, we never even HAD a car! And that's they way we liked it!!" But anyway..that's just my humble opinion.



So, all in all, it's been an exciting day, but it's going to take some getting used to. The last minivan I drove regularly was my mom's 1988 Ford Aerostar when I was learning how to drive. They sure have come a long way since then. :o)

No comments: